Monday, May 17, 2010

Already!



It has started! Already!!!!! She is now in love with Dora the Explorer. My child has fell into the commercial fanamania of children's characters. I swore off all things "character". I asked for no character clothing when I was pregnant and told everyone if you bought me Pooh don't expect to ever see his face on my daughter.

So now here I am with this little girl looking up at me with her beautiful blue eyes screaming Dora in every direction in Target and I'm not supposed to melt and break every rule I ever made? What a dumb rule. It was inevitable. She would grow up to love characters on TV and at Disneyland because no matter what I would expose her to them (as long as they are age appropriate and not irritating as hell) and she would fall head over hills.

So we now own a sippy, two pairs of jammies, two Dora dolls and who knows what we will con ourselves into buying to just see that simple moment of joy flash across her face which is so priceless its unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment